It turns out that, days and days ago, I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. Then it took me days to figure out how the whole thing works. The mystery was only cleared up when the original nominator spelled it out for me, whereupon it turned out that it is extremely easy (I have a talent for turning easy into difficult). So, in gratitude and in the interests of paying it forward, here are my acknowledgements, fifteen blogs I follow and little tidbits about myself.
Thank you to Julie Christine Johnson, who nominated me–
Fifteen excellent blogs I follow, which make me laugh or think–
Blame It On Princess Leia
Pastor Green Bean blog
The Fog of Ward
The Parasite Guy
All of you guys, consider yourselves nominated for the VBA in turn (boy, that was economical, wasn’t it?).
Seven things about me you don’t know, and, now that you do, I would appreciate you keeping under your collective hats–
1. I love hummingbirds.
2. I was skinny once. I think Jimmy Carter was president.
3. I hold two degrees in Anthropology, which are generally useless for making a living, but which do sound impressive.
4. I don’t like horror films.
5. One of my all-time favorite movies is Aliens.
6. One night in 1988 I was nearly killed by a woman in a Mercedes who didn’t see the light on my bike because I didn’t have one.
7. Almost anything by Dr. Seuss freaks me out. Seriously, the guy was weird.
Thanks again to Julie. Since I started blogging, I’ve come to appreciate that WordPress hosts a pretty impressive community. It’s been a great pleasure getting to know it.