Research can be a lot of fun, especially for geeks like me. At the risk of spoiling my own damn book, I’ve decided to share (when I showed this to my wife, she just rolled her eyes)–
I think my math is right– of course, if in the future I find a mistake I could work it into the story….
My research on other topics has already revealed some weaknesses in my original conception for Princess of Fire. Contrary to my usual habits, I’m working on a timeline of core events in the story and I’m integrating the revisions into it as I go.
You may have noticed that I have not mentioned anything about my beta readers for Princess of Shadows. I’m trying not to depress myself all over again….